Our Top Ten Best Safety Razors
Ah, good ol’ safety razor, never fail us even you’re facing great competition from multi-blade razors or electric razor. Still, no razor can get to your skin as close but still guarantee your safety as safety razor. And you don’t even have to pick between dry or wet shave, safety razor can face both and nothing guarantee luxury than safety razor.
We’re going to pick ten best safety razor. But mind you, this list is not written in any particular order. We’ll allow you to choose which one is the best for you and review the safety razor on your own.
- Feather Popular Twist To Open. When it comes to safety razor leading game, you should never forget this Japanese manufacturer, Feather, one of the best safety razor brand you can buy, and comes in great price too. And as you know, cheap for many Japanese products do not equal with low quality. Although ‘popular’ is not Feather best known product (ironically of course) this razor is still a good choice for cheap shaving. Comes with metal head and plastic handle, this product might not be too much to look at, but still the best money can buy.
- Lord L6. You might not be familiar with the brand, but this Egypt made safety razor is one of the cheapest metal razor you can get, with chrome plated head and platinum handle. But again, we don’t just pick something to be on our list just because it’s cheap while it’s not doing the job. This safety razor is quite reliable and actually get the job done, so you might need not to worry when you come across this safety razor and in need of cheap and fast shaving. Each pack come with three pieces of safety razors.
- Parker 99R Heavy Duty Barberpole. One of the manliest razor you can get that might get you to feel intimidated. Not for anyone that’s new to the shaving world, and obviously not for anyone who get used to be pampered by the convenient of electric shaver. Not even for someone who doesn’t lift since this safety razor is quite heavy. Holding this razor might be equal with heavy lifting, as, well, this razor is quite heavy with 3.4 ounces’ weight (for a safety razor of course). Specially design for man with big worker hands, available with 4 inches’ handle, won’t slip form your hands and giving you a nice grip. Fine durability and a nice choice for wet shaving. While being scary, this safety razor is still looking pretty with fine chrome platted body.
- Edwin Jagger DE89LbI. Edwin Jagger, also a leading name for shaving industry. Though not actually known for its safety razor, still the name of Edwin Jagger guarantee a fine result while still getting that safe feeling from safety razor, so you need not to worry. Fits nicely in your hnd, not too long, not too short with 3.8 inches’ handle. Medium in weight, also rather aggressive and perfectly balance. Easy on your pocket too, so you don’t need to cut your legs to pay for this. A good choice for anyone who has sensitive skin.
- Merkur 34 C or Merkur Heavy Classic. we’ve had Edwin Jagger, we’ve had feather, but still, this list wouldn’t’ be completed without the presence of the Merkur. Known heavily for producing a fine quality safety razor, this is why we need to include at least one Merkur in this least. And of course, it’s not easy, unless if we’re making the list all Merkur. This safety razor might feel a little bit heavy for you, but this actually the plus side since you’re going to get enough pressure during shaving without needing to apply more pressure as in lighter razor. This is absolutely a great choice for anyone who wants a close shaving without worrying that you’ll get cuts and nicks.
- Jack Black Double Edge Safety Razor. One thing we’re going to brag first is, man, this is a German engineered safety razor. Yes, the same Germany that also engineered the finest cars you can see in Planet Earth such as BMW, Audi, and Mercedes. Produced by a big hit in shaving industry, Mühle, you don’t need to think twice before resting your trust in this razor. One thing you’ll notice is the beautiful cobalt-blue handle, with thicker and longer handle, this is also a perfect fit for man with big hands. Though a little bit heavy, this chrome platted head and handles are perfectly balance. But when it comes to price…. come on, we’ve told you how beautiful it is. Are you still complaining?
- Mühle R41 Open Comb. Okay, when it comes to Mühle, one is never enough. This version is not as pricey as the previous on, but you will still get the famous safety offers by German-engineered safety razor. Often known as the most aggressive safety razor, you might need to be more careful, as this safety razor will cut your hair faster than mowing your lawn, and this version is not even the most aggressive safety razor from Mühle. Moderate in weight, moderate in length and also moderate in price, a fine choice for gentlemen who want quick morning shave.
- Ikon B1. Precision, that’s might be the main goal for Ikon when it comes to producing a safety razor. Beautifully crafted, preciously engineered, you’ll definitely going to get the best shaving experience as this safety razor can be customized with dual action features. Easy on your pocket, but still offers you the best shaving experience money can buy.
- Seki Edge Feather AS-D2. We definitely saving our last two places for one of the most pricey safety razor there. We’re not joking, because, what’s the meaning of safety razor if we can’t show you how beautiful, classic, and luxurious it can be, other than being reliable. While there are luxurious looking safety razors for less than $100, we just want to show you the true meaning of luxury. Some might find this safety razor less aggressive, though that’s really subjective.
- Merkur Vision. We’ve told you before, this is the Jennifer Lawrence of safety razor world. Cost the same as two fine quality electric shaving, this is the real definition of work of art. Not for beginner of course, you might want to stick with the cheaper safety razors.